Sample Recruitment Email
As you may know, I’m an active supporter of a great youth mentoring organization called iMentor. iMentor provides high school students in low-income communities with college-educated mentors who help them develop the skills they need to graduate high school college-ready and succeed in college. This fall, iMentor will enroll hundreds of new students who need mentors, and I think that your guidance and support could empower a young person to reach their goals.
Would you join me in supporting this great program? To become a mentor, your first step is to complete iMentor's online application.
A huge benefit of the program is that it offers flexibility for busy professionals like us to give back. And iMentor is with you every step of the way to help you and your mentee stay on a path to success.
I bet you’ll also have a rewarding, fun, and challenging experience in the process!
Once you have completed your application, iMentor will invite you to attend a helpful mentor training session. It’s a great opportunity to meet other interesting and like-minded professionals who are also becoming mentors.
You can hear directly from some mentors and mentees in the program in this video. To learn more about iMentor or share information with other friends, please see below.
I hope you’ll join me in supporting such great work!
iMentor’s Mentoring Commitment
- See your mentee once a month at an iMentor-organized event. These events are usually held Monday-Thursday from 6-8pm.
- Send your mentee one weekly email on an interesting topic that iMentor provides.
- Commit a total of 6-8 hours per month. Matches range in length from 3-4 years.
- Mentees in the iMentor program are more likely to graduate from high school and enroll in college. Research shows this is the single most effective way to break the cycle of poverty.
- 90% of mentees will be first generation college students and 86% live below the poverty line.
If you’d like to get involved now, please complete iMentor’s online application.