Civic Leadership Academy
Accessible via the Junction Blvd station by taking the 4 and 7 trains or the the 5 and 7 trains
From the Junction Blvd station:
1. Head southeast on Junction Blvd toward 40th Rd.
2. Turn right onto 45th Ave.
3. Turn left onto 94th St.
About Civic Leadership Academy
At Civic Leadership Academy, teachers, administration, and staff believe that students become active and enthusiastic learners when they feel that what they learn is relevant and useful. Thus, the school's focus is on youth development through service learning, a teaching method that enriches learning by engaging students in meaningful service to their school and communities. Students at Civic Leadership Academy apply academic skills to solving real-world issues, linking what they learn in the classrooms with genuine community needs.
The school is committed to providing students with a high-quality, relevant, and well-rounded education. By the time they graduate, students will be prepared, responsible, and caring assets to their communities.
- The school opened in the fall of 2008, meaning that this year's seniors will be the school's first graduating class, graduating in 2012.
- All students at Civic Leadership Academy participate in the College Preparatory Program, which takes the students on college visits as well as helps them prepare for college applications and entrance exams.
- Students at CLA participate in a service learning program that begins in the 9th grade and carries on through their senior year. In the 9th grade, students hone their writing and public thinking skills. The next year, as 10th graders, students develop service learning plans that they then implement as 11th graders.