Become a NYC Partner School
What is a Partner School?
iMentor partners with public high schools throughout New York City to provide multi-year mentoring relationships and curriculum to help ensure high school graduation and college success. iMentor works with high schools to integrate iMentor's mentoring model into their roster of student services. This school year, iMentor is supporting 2,400 pairs at 19 high schools (partner schools) throughout New York City.
What does it take to become a Partner School?
- At least 75 students to participate in the program
- At least 80% of students must qualify for freeor reduced school lunch
Meet at least one of the three requirements below:
- Over 70% minority students, with an emphasis on black and Latino students
- Over 90% recent immigrant students, having been in the U.S. for 4 years or less
- Location in a community that is geographically isolated
- Annual financial contribution per student
What does iMentor provide?
- Recruitment, screening, and training of all volunteer mentors
- At least one staff member - the Program Coordinator (PC) - to your school
- iMentor Interactive: our online technology platform to facilitate mentoring relationships and communication.
- Comprehensive, research-driven curriculum to facilitate weekly email communication between mentees and mentors
- Fundraising to support the majority of the annual cost of $1,000 for each mentor-mentee pair
To apply, please fill out the online application to the right, and an iMentor staff will contact you.