Become a Mentor
to a friend
Our Volunteer Program
The guidance of a mentor can empower a young person to graduate high school, succeed in college, and achieve their ambitions. Our program matches students from public high schools in New York City's low-income communities with college-educated mentors. Mentors and students work together, in-person and online, to develop strong personal relationships, nurture a college aspiration, navigate the college application process, and build critical skills that lead to college success.
What You'll Do
- Join your mentee at an iMentor group event once a month for two hours
- Read and respond to one email a week from your mentee
- Develop a supportive mentoring relationship that will last for 3-4 years
- Guide your mentee through iMentor’s college-readiness curriculum and the college application process
- Join your peers and meet new people at optional mentors-only social and learning events
Other Ways to Get Involved
Join our online community and receive updates on how you can help us spread the word about the power of mentoring. Sign up today.